Monday, February 28, 2011

An Open Letter to Ann Taylor

Dearest Ann,

I realize you are a fashion monolith in New York City, and probably have little time for me, a loyal customer.  Yet my hurt is too great to bear.  After all we have been through together!

I tolerated your Ruffle Phase, your Faux Diamond Tire Chain Phase, the Sorbet-Hued Phase, Ribbon-ated Everything Phase.  You lure me with the bad-ass slasher sales, and the discounts from a certain store manager because we have the same middle name.  You know I am powerless when your underage garment workers know they get an extra millet for lunch if they tailor the clothes to measure about 4 sizes larger than the standard, putting me in a size negative 11.  And despite the fact that I have four beaks to feed, I still find ways to rationalize every A.T. purchase.  The right ruched turtleneck is a business expense (read: tax deduction), so bite me, IRS.  Sadly, your betrayal goes beyond any commitment I may have to you.  And I think you know exactly what I am talking about:

Allowing a certain Zombie-tologist to be your New Face of Ann Taylor???  Seriously???  A Vicodin-esque blank stare, a half-smile engineered by her Evil Puppeteer Thetan-Husband, and a desire to gain spiritual Nirvana thru a cult whose leader’s name sounds like “Miscarriage?”  What the hell is up with that?  She is supposed to inspire Fashion Greatness?  Give me a break.  You might as well have scoured the morgue and propped up the most recent overdose victim in a scarf and sensible pumps. 

"I've been a fan of Ann Taylor since I was a young girl -- I grew up loving the clothes," quotes the New Face.  WHAA?   Didn’t she have a Fonzie t-shirt from Sears Junior Bazaar?  Or a pair of piped terry cloth shorts?  “Loving the clothes” as a “young girl,” is more effed up than believing that Thomas Cruise Mapother IV will transport her to Mystical Destiny in a spaceship.  (Oh wait, she already does believe that).  Consider your buying public.  If she ends up on a billboard, it will be like a Stepford Wife IMAX feature. 

You have time to make this right and mend our relationship.  Remove the Fem-bot and replace her with someone acceptable, someone with a pulse.

It’s either Katie Holmes or me, Bitches.  You pick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment